To cope with the demands of comfortable transportation engineers during the ancient period came up with the concept of a suspension bridge. It plays a very significant role in easing the complexities of transportations. The designs of the bridge are made to fill up the gaps causing physical obstacles and to create an easy passage. Majority of the bridges proved to be a landmark construction for the nation where it is housed or constructed. Many of these bridges are having a royal and rich history which acted as a reason for the popularity of the decks. Some are perfect engineering wonders and must visit spots for the tourists to the nations. Below we are mentioning the names of some of the famous bridges which are built so far.
• Golden Gate Bridge, San Francisco, United States: The Golden Gate Bridge is aesthetically designed like a suspension bridge which is covering the gap with the Golden Gate, falling between San Francisco and Marin County located to the north. It is one of the popular attractions of San Francisco. It is 1,280 meters (4,199 ft) in length and is functional since 1937. The key architect of this bridge was Joseph B. Strauss.
• Tower Bridge, London, England: Tower Bridge is constructed over the famous Thames River and is a combined bascule as well as suspension bridge in London. It is located very close to the London tower and is one of the iconic spots of the city which is visited by tourists in large number every year. In 1886, the construction of this bridge was started, and in 1991 it was completed. The 2 towers of this bridge are tied with two walkways from the upper level.
• Brooklyn Bridge, New York, United States: The Brooklyn Bridge o New York is among the oldest suspension bridges located in the United States. This Bride was connected to link Manhattan and Brooklyn across the East River. It is one of the iconic must-to-visit spot of New York since the day its operation started. The wide pedestrian walkway is there to accommodate the movements of cyclists and walkers. The length is 5,989 feet (1825 m).
• Rialto Bridge, Venice, Italy: It is the oldest bridge which is covering the Grand Canal in Venice. In 1521, the construction of this bridge was completed. It is one of the iconic attractions of Venice and visited by the enchanting tourists to this beautiful city.
• Millau Viaduct, Millau, France: The height of this bride is 343 meters (1,125 ft) and is the tallest bridge of the world! Its operation started in the year 2004 and had four Lanes Bridge having cable-and constructed across the valley of the River Tarn located close to Millau in the south side of France. The critical feature of this bridge is that it has seven piers and that too of different heights.
The above are some of the most famous bridges of the world worth visiting and knowing the history.
The Internet of Things (IoT) describes the network of physical objects—“things”—that are embedded with sensors, software, and other technologies for the purpose of connecting and exchanging data wi...