Many of us get completely confused when we are asked about the difference between the two words Internet and Intranet. The fact is that there are several differences between the two; one major difference is clearly the fact that the Internet remains open for all and it can be accessed by anyone. While on the other hand, Intranet needs authenticated login because the organization owns the same privately.
Internet as well as the intranet, both are used for connecting several devices with each other for the purpose of sharing information. In spite of having so many differences between the two above mentioned feature remain the same for both. We would like to add that Intranet always makes use of internet protocols, for example, TCP/IP and FTP. All Intranet sites will be accessible to the users through the web browser just in a similar way like websites in case of internet. Instant messengers are available both in the Internet and intranet.
Some major differences are stated below;
1. The Internet is a worldwide system used for connected networks. An intranet is a network used privately within any company or organization. In short, the internet is public and intranet is private.
2. The Internet is unlimited while intranet is limited.
3. The Internet is available to everyone across the globe and Intranet is restricted for the use of employees of the organization.
4. The traffic of visitors remains unlimited for Internet while for intranet traffic allowed is limited.
5. The Internet is not at all safe like Intranet. On the other hand, Intranet is privatized and so it can be used depending on the exact need of the organization.
6. The Internet is capable to offer different sources for sharing information and the same is made available to all. While Intranet is offering only the specific information related to the group.
7. Establishment of an intranet is done using the technologies keeping in mind the local area networks (LANs) as well as wide area networks (WANs). For the internet, the network will consist of LANs, WANs, and MANs.
Above are some of the major differences which you can observe between the internet and intranet. There are many more which can be explained well and defined when one starts working on any of above two networking systems. In conclusion, we can say the Internet is basically open space for the public, while the intranet is planned to offer a private space to the users.
Numa forma muito sintetizada, este curso visa apenas a dar uma perspectiva de como pode ser lida e interpretada a Bíblia, com algumas das suas passagens, não deturpando, nem usufruindo da imaginaçã...
Land your dream Job. You have been working hard to perfect your cv, to write the perfect cover letter. You heard from friends that landing the perfect job is almost a mission impossible. You a...
The Swing Beats explored in ULTIMATE DRUMMING's course # 10 are used in all the popular music genres and should be a integral part of every drummers repertoire. The Swing rhythm originated in the ...