Genetic engineering is one of the technologically advanced processes which is used for genes manipulation in characteristics alteration and behaviors of an organism. It is done by changing, inserting or deleting, specific genes present within an organism’s DNA. One example for this engineering field can be Production of plants with higher nutritional value or the one which can tolerate any exposure to any herbicides. Besides having so many pros in it, there are some cons too. We will discuss both the pros and cons of this technology.
1. Managing and defeating critical Diseases:
There are some deadly as well as difficult diseases in the world, which can be wiped out by the right application of genetic engineering. There are few genes which are inherited from a parent or by genetic mutations caused due to environmental mutagens, for example, cystic fibrosis, heart diseases, and Alzheimer. Genetic engineering can treat it with defective gene alterations.
2. Supports in enhancing lifeline:
With the support of genetic engineering, we can now force our bodies to accept the climate changing scenario of our planet. We can now add some years in lives by making the alteration of body cells so that bodies don’t start to deteriorate as fast as they usually do.
3. Specific qualities can be introduced:
There are various Plants and animals in which specific traits are clinically developed with the support of genetic engineering making it beneficial to consume. For example, Animals are developed to supply more milk, develop better muscle tissue, or crops are genetically treated to make better production of better quality. The problem of Food shortage can be well managed with genetic engineering.
1. Nutritional value of food may get affected. When animals start developing faster and mature quickly, then the nutritional value gets affected and in most cases gets reduced.
2. Genetic engineering shows 100% guaranteed change. Some changes turn out to be positive, delivering healthier foods. There will be many other changes, which may turn out to be negative and unexpectedly poor.
3. Another key problem with genetic engineering is safety in terms of making significant changes right at the cellular level. Even if we succeed to wipe out any disease by introducing something new which may turn out to be even more dangerous.
4. Diversity is one of the important aspects of life and all of us agree to it. With genetical engineering of organisms, we basically attack to reduce that diversity. The effects which we will get to see in the long term for eliminating genetic diversity is still unknown to us, and if things go wrong it can also be dangerous too.
Welcome to the course "Complete Outlier Detection Algorithms A-Z: In Data Science". This is the most comprehensive, yet straight-forward, course for the outlier detection! Are you Data Scientist...
Start creating your filters professionally with Spark AR Studio! If you are looking for a filter creating an application that will allow you to create filters however you want them, Spark AR Studi...