Theme Park Vacation Guide
26 October, 2020
The old-fashioned amusement parks got a makeover and they have become theme parks now. Park fans definitely find a difference between the two. Certain subtle differences make a theme park dissimilar from an amusement park. Amusement parks are filled with thrilling rides but theme parks are improvised and inspired by some particular theme like Disney Characters to make the park more exhilarating.
Theme parks are one of the major attractions for tourists visiting a new country. Your holiday is incomplete if you do not visit even a single theme park on your tour. We are here listing some of the major theme parks of different countries you would love to explore.
Theme Parks in Thailand
In a country like Thailand, it would be a matter of surprise if I would say there is no theme park. This place has some of the best and unique theme parks that one should definitely visit. Some of the best picks are:
- Dream World tops the list of the famous Thailand Theme Parks. Located in Pathum Thani, this theme park has more than 40 fun rides and activities based on different themes.
- Siam Park City is Asia’s largest water park and amusement park with over 30 thrilling rides and family attractions.
- Ramayana Water Park is another amazing attraction offering more than 50 fun rides including both water and non-water rides.
- The blue and white charm of Santorini is recreated in the Santorini Park at a renowned beach town, Cha-Am. There are amazing restaurants, fun rides, and boutiques for the tourists.
- Vana Nava Hua Hin: Wet n wild in the water jungle is an adventurous place having 20 wild water rides. It includes 5 giant sliders and diverse water rides.
- Cartoon Network Amazone is a theme park known for enormous pools and high-speed water slides. This place is inspired by all the cartoon characters including Ben 10, Dexter’s Laboratory, Powerpuff Girls, and more.
Theme Parks in Malaysia
Malaysia is another beautiful country that is known for its famous and thrilling theme parks. These theme parks are enough to engage both parents and kids alike. Also, couples want to visit these theme parks to spend their day in complete adventure. The best ones are:
- Legoland Malaysia is filled with numerous rides and attractions constructed out of Lego Bricks. This theme park is for all age groups and the highlights are Water Park, wave pool, joker soaker and build-a-raft.
- Sunway Lagoon Theme Park has around 80 attractions including an amusement park, water park, extreme park, wildlife park, and scream park.
- Genting Highlands Theme Park is a popular park that houses an indoor theme park along with Ripley’s Believe it or not Museum. Another highlight of the place is Haunted Adventure parks. The rides here are categorized under family and kids for everyone’s safety.
- Lost World Tambun is a theme park having a perfect mix of adventure and drama. The park is divided into different sections namely Adventure Park, Amusement Park, Water Park, Tiger Valley, Tin Valley, and Petting Zoo.
Theme Parks in Singapore
Singapore is a destination that is incomplete without visiting its famous theme parks. Enjoy a day out with your family or friends at these thrilling theme parks and end your Singapore trip on a happy note. Here are some of the top suggestions:
- Universal Studios Singapore is one of the most popular theme parks in Southeast Asia offering more than 20 attractions. It is divided in zones, namely the Lost World, New York, Ancient Egypt, Madagasca, Hollywood, and Far Far Away.
- Adventure Cove Waterpark is a mix of water splashing rides and fun activities. There is an option of snorkeling, natural habitat of aquatic species, and long adventure river.
- Wild Wild Wet Singapore is one of the most popular waterparks filled with thrilling slides, flumes, and pools.
Theme Parks in Japan
If you are on a vacation to this beautiful country, Japan, then you cannot miss the chance of visiting the famous theme parks. We recommend you to visit:
- Universal Studios Japan is especially designed for theme park fans. It is filled with numerous attractions and some of the rides and shows are specific to the Japanese park only.
- Tokyo DisneySea is a well-known fantasy theme park that is inspired by the myths and legends of the sea. There are 7 themed ports in here, namely Mermaid Lagoon, Mediterranean Harbor, Arabian Coast, Port Discovery, Mysterious Island, Lost River Delta, and American Waterfront.
- Tokyo Disneyland is a theme park based on the movies produced by Walt Disney. It has 7 themed lands along with seasonal decorations and parades. The 7 themed lands are World Bazaar, Tomorrowland, Toontown, Fantasyland, Critter Country, Westernland, and Adventureland.
- Sanrio Puroland is a theme park based on the Hello Kitty theme. The park has a wide variety of shows and parades.
Theme Parks in The U.S.
The United States is a country that is filled with thrilling theme parks featuring jaw-dropping rides and out-of-the-world roller coasters. Some of the best theme parks that you should not miss are:
- Universal Studios (Los Angeles, California and Orlando, Florida) has a similar theme and this park is full of adventure that no one can miss. This theme park is a heaven for roller coaster lovers.
- Sea World Orlando, Florida is an aquarium and theme park that features fun roller coasters and water rides.
- Disneyland, Anaheim (California) has a few classic roller coasters along with family-friendly rides, shows, and restaurants.
- Nickelodeon Universe (Bloomington, Minnesota) is a perfect place for the 90’s kids to rejoice their memories. It is inspired by the popular kid’s channel Nickelodeon.
Theme parks are undoubtedly the best part of any vacation. The above mentioned are the ones that you should not miss while on your trip to that particular country. So, what are you waiting for? Plan your vacation accordingly and choose your favorite theme park from the list.
Jean Claude Reuille