OET: OCCUPATIONAL ENGLISH TEST
OET is a test for professionals in the field of healthcare. It assesses language communication skills, which are crucial in any area.If you want to pursue a career in medicine, then this test is for you!
With the help of this test, you can equip yourself with the right skill and nurture yourself and your career with the help of this language, which is useful in everyday life.
WHY OCCUPATIONAL ENGLISH TEST?
People choose OET not because of its skill nurturing and personality enhancing features but also because of:
· OET uses practical case and the relevant cases which are used in the healthcare field. So that you don't hesitate at the time of the test.
· OET is a renowned proficiency test not only in the field of healthcare but also for getting the visa in some countries.
· OET helps in the development of language skills, which are crucial for your success.
· OET is easy to prepare.
· 92% of people choose OET because it is relevant to their profession.
RECOGNITION OF OCCUPATIONAL ENGLISH TEST
OET is well recognized by the healthcare board and councils of many countries.USA, Ireland, Singapore is one of them.
This test is bridging the differences between you and your VISA.
WHAT IS OCCUPATIONAL ENGLISH TEST?
Designed in the late 1980s, this test has been the solution to the people's problems in the language and communication sector. This assessment is regularly updated by the University of Melbourne's Language testing research center and, very recently, by the Cambridge English Language Assessment. This test was also once administrated by the Australian National Office for Overseas Skills Recognition
This test is now owned by the Cambridge Boxhill Language Assessment Trust(CBLA) since March 2013.
OET ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
OET test is for the people of the following profession:
· Veterinary Science.
OET ACCEPTED COUNTRIES
Here is the list of countries which accept this test:
· UNITED KINGDOM (UK)
· NEW ZEALAND
OET FOR INDIAN ASPIRANTS
Healthcare professionals from India can get a job through OET(Occupational English Test) exams in countries like the USA, UK, e.t.c.
OET OFFICIAL WEBSITE
Here is the link to the official website:
By clicking on the above link, you can access the official website of OET.
If you want to apply for this opportunity. Here is the pathway for grabbing this opportunity:
OET PATTERN AND SYLLABUS
As being one of the best and renowned proficiency test. This test includes various SUB-TESTS to check your English proficiency, namely:
· This sub-test includes three parts and 42 questions collectively.
· The topics are based on generic healthcare and are for all candidates across each and every platform.
· The total time for this test is 40 mins, it includes pre-recorded Speech and eases to pauses to allow time to note down your answers.
· This test takes your analysis of catching the vital information and to jot down the critical information.
This test is divided into three parts:
PART A-Consultation Extracts
· This test checks your ability to identify fruitful information during the consultation.
· You will hear two of the pre-recorded consultations between a patient and a healthcare professional.
· As a matter of fact, professionals can be one of the 12 professionals who are the working bodies of this test.
PART B- Short Workplace Extracts
· In this part of the test you are supposed to answer the MCQs.
· Which are based on the extracts of conversations, which are like briefings, handovers, or maybe a communication between patient and dialogue.
· There will be one multiple choice question based on the extract.
Here comes the last part i.e.
PART C: Presentation extracts
· This part assesses your ability to follow a recorded presentation or an interview on various healthcare topics.
· In this, you will listen to two ten-minutes extracts, and on this basis, you will have to answer six MCQs based on each excerpt.
· This test is also divided into three parts and consists of 42 questions collectively.
· Based on the conversation between healthcare professionals and the patient.
· This test takes 60 minutes to complete itself.
Same as listening, it is also divided into three parts:
PART A: Expeditious Reading Task
· This part scrutinizes your ability to catch critical information in an expeditious yet accurate manner.
· Four short texts are assigned to you in which you are supposed to answer 20 questions in a limited time frame.
· Including matching, sentence completion, and short answer questions.
PART B and PART C: Careful reading tasks
Both of them are a mirror image of each other.
· This test checks your ability to identify the smallest details or main motto behind the six short texts based on the workplace of healthcare professionals.
· Each text maybe ranging 100-150 words.
· The text consists of some extracts from the hospital guidelines and some vital information like emails and memos.
· There will be each three-option question.
· Part C assesses your proficiency to identify the ability of the main motto and detailed meaning behind those texts.
You can learn more by clicking on the below link:
· This test takes totally 45 minutes and is totally based on the profession.
· It is basically a role-play assessment in which a dietician performs his/her task, and a nurse performs his/her duty.
· You are provided with resource material, and you are supposed to answer the assigned problems with the help of it.These are provided with the instructions.
· The task is to write down a letter for the following purposes:
· This is the last and most crucial sub-test of this assessment.
· As it is the conclusion of the whole test, it scrutinizes the person's practical approach.
· The time duration of this test is 20 minutes.
· In each test, your personality and profession are checked by the invigilator.
· You will be assessed with the help of a starting conversation.
· Then, you will be assigned with your role plays, and for each, you will get 3 minutes to prepare and 5 minutes to assess.
· You will be awarded with your roles and with a card that you will keep during your role play.
· The role-plays are assigned to you on the real-life based working environment and circumstances which are held.
· You can ask them if you have any queries regarding this during the preparation time.
· Different role-plays are assigned to different candidates during the time of assessment by the administration.
The below table depicts the scoring and grading system of OET
This course will help you think more clearly through many of life's dilemmas and difficult situations. Some logical fallacies you might be familiar with are: Ad hominem, begging the question, red...
Astrobiology, formerly known as exobiology, is an interdisciplinary scientific field concerned with the origins, early evolution, distribution, and future of life in the universe. Astrobiology cons...
Fuel your vocabulary today by taking this advanced course rapidly